The Board of Stewards
Stewards serve as advisors to the pastor. A Steward assists the pastor in all administrative capacities, helping to implement courses of action to facilitate decision-making.
- Make an exact account of all money and other provisions collected for the support of the Church.
- Establish along with the Pastor his/her salary and benefit package, commensurate with the cost of living in the given geographical area and the financial capacity of the local congregation.
- Seek the needy and distressed in order to relieve and comfort them.
- Serve as spiritual lay leaders of the church.
- Register all baptisms, marriages, and deaths within the congregation.
- Survey the membership to determine the extent of each member's financial support, attended the regular means of grace, and support of the various benevolent enterprises of the church.
- Investigate all members on the church roll and submit its findings as the Certified Membership Roll to the Official Board for approval. Book of Discipline 2008 pgs 64-66